Our M&A team act for a number of leading international and local financial sector and insurance companies. We are experienced in the purchase and selling of shares in companies with various complex corporate structures. Our corporate team is well placed to assist with legal due diligence investigations in relation to corporate acquisitions and disposals, cross-border transactions with an Azerbaijani element and group reorganizations. Previous work has included:
- Advising AXA on acquisition of MBASK, a leading insurance company in Azerbaijan;
- Advising a major foreign company on a share transfer agreement in respect of acquisition of the majority shareholding in a local courier service company;
- Drafting a share transfer agreement and advising a major oil company on the transfer of shares in a PSA operating company;
- Advising Baku Coca-Cola Bottling Company on share transfers;
- Acting for EBRD in the establishment of the Azerbaijan Microfinance Bank;
- Due diligence investigations of a major telecommunication company in Azerbaijan.