We regularly advise our clients on IP registrations, enforcement of IP related rights and licensing of IP rights. Our experience also includes an in-depth analysis of franchising and distribution agreements from Azerbaijani law perspectives. Our experts also offer consultation in product liability issues and consumer protection requirements.
Our experience on franchising matters include:
- Advising McDonalds on its franchise arrangements with local franchisees in light of Azeri law requirements;
- Reviewing and revising Gymboree Unit Franchise Agreement for a foreign franchisor;
- Negotiating, reviewing and revising the hotel management agreements for international hotel operators and hotel owners in Azerbaijan;
- Advising a leading retail coffee shops operator on the issues of validity, enforceability and registration of a franchise agreement in Azerbaijan, and reviewing its tax implications;
- Advising the international franchisors including Dior, Fendi and Boss on the requirements of Azerbaijani legislation applicable to franchise and licensing agreements;
- Representing the interests of a major Italian company producing luxury shoes (Sergio Rossi) in the drafting and negotiation of a franchise agreement with its Azerbaijani counterparty;
- Reviewing a sub-franchise agreement of a global licence holder of Gymboree to be entered into with its Azerbaijani counterparty in light of Azerbaijani law requirements.