Our specialist lawyers have worked with a number of major airlines and international aircraft leasing institutions, including Macquarie, GTLK and QA. We assist and advise clients on bridge finance and operating leases of commercial jet aircraft and regulatory/corporate matters specific to the industry. Over the last five years we have also been representing a leading regional cargo airline on the finance lease related to purchase of Boeing and other aircrafts backed by US Ex-Im’s Guarantee.
Some of the transactions we were involved with include:
- Advice to US Eximbank, UK Export Credit Guarantee Department, Barclays Bank plc and Rolls Royce plc on the credit financing of two Boeing 757 Aircraft to Azerbaijani Airlines;
- Advice to Airbus on the creation of land segments of satellite systems in Azerbaijan;
- Acting for the major regional cargo air fleet operator under the finance lease related to the purchase of two Boeing Model 747-8F Aircraft and two Gulfstream Model G650 Aircraft backed by US Ex-Im’s Guarantee by the Regional Cargo Aircraft Operator;
- Negotiating aircraft lease agreements on behalf of the foreign aircraft lessors;
- Working on behalf of an international airline operator to review and restructure aircraft leasing arrangement with AZAL, the Azerbaijani national airline;
- Acting as a local counsel for Macquarie Bank on the restructuring of the national airline’s aircraft leasing arrangements.