We have a strong antitrust and competition team who regularly advise foreign clients on antimonopoly matters across various sectors of industry. Our advice includes but is not limited to:
- Share acquisitions;
- Formation of joint ventures;
- Corporate restructuring;
- Loan agreements, capital retention and put option agreements, capital purchase agreements and guarantee agreements;
- Share transfers;
- Company establishment;
- Distribution and sale agreements with exclusivity clauses.
We have also advised international companies on tender requirements under Azerbaijani procurement regulations. The most recent projects include:
- Advising Schlumberger on antimonopoly law requirements for a major M&A;
- Acting for Emerson in the acquisition of a subdivision of a global producer of valves and control mechanisms, and liaising with antimonopoly authorities in Azerbaijan on procedures for obtaining antimonopoly law approvals in Azerbaijan.